965GM issues

Rui Tiago Cação Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:05:46 PDT 2007

[snip impatience]

> On 8/23/07, Jason Sewall <jasonsewall at gmail.com> wrote:
>         I recently bought a Lenovo X61 laptop and I've got Fedora 7
>         installed on it. With the latest drivers, mesa, and drm
>         (pulled + built from git last night) 3d works well and 2d
>         image quality is crisp. However, there doesn't seem to be any
>         XVideo or XShape extensions when I run the driver.

For the 965 I think those are not implemented yet. Actually the 965
doesn't even support video overlay, only textured video. And the chip
documentation isn't completely free either, people who have it either
work for intel or have got it through an NDA. I think keithp mentioned
on this list that they were trying to improve this though.

Besides, intel seems to be coming slowly into graphics drivers land even
on Windows where only a recent driver update enabled hardware vertex
shaders support even though the hardware has been available for almost a
year now.

Rui