Possible problem with inputproto-1.4.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:22:35 PDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Marty Jack <martyj19 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > If you're finishing things up for the 7.3 release, this may be something
> > of interest.
> > I find that configuring inputproto 1.4.2 gives
> >
> > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking for gawk... gawk
> > checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> > ./configure: line 1663: XORG_RELEASE_VERSION: command not found
> > configure: creating ./config.status
> > config.status: creating Makefile
> > config.status: creating inputproto.pc
> >
> > and that first doing an "autoreconf" fixes it.  This doesn't occur with
> > 1.4.1.  I am on automake 1.10, autoconf 2.61.  It does not appear to do
> > any harm to the build result.
>
> Your missing the latest xorg-macros from util/macros

But if you're building from tarball, all the macros should be expanded
in configure (and included in aclocal.m4). Diffing 1.4.1 shows that it
was there before. The new version was generated with automake-1.8.5,
so maybe it fooled itself that XORG_RELEASE_VERSION was not a macro
when parsing configure.ac.

Try it yourself. When you run configure, it just has a command called
XORG_RELEASE_VERSION that obviously does nothing. The solution being
to regenerate the autotools so that it is expanded as a macro.

--
Dan