965GM issues

Jason Sewall jasonsewall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 12:14:52 PDT 2007

Hi,

I recently bought a Lenovo X61 laptop and I've got Fedora 7 installed on it.
With the latest drivers, mesa, and drm (pulled + built from git last night)
3d works well and 2d image quality is crisp. However, there doesn't seem to
be any XVideo or XShape extensions when I run the driver.

My xorg.conf has things set up as described here:
http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html and an examination of the X
logs doesn't show any glaring errors in the startup process.

I'm really interested in having these extensions so I can try fusion or
beryl on this machine, not to mention have mplayer work better (I really
miss xvideo). I'd be happy to help track down this problem, but I need a
little push in the right direction. I can post my xorg.conf and the X logs
later today (I'm at work, not near laptop).

Thanks for you help and the great work!

Jason