module releases for X11R7.3

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Thu Aug 23 09:52:20 PDT 2007

Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 07:24:17AM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> Except that there have been many commits recently specifically geared
>> to working with automake-1.10 (change prog_CFLAGS to AM_CFLAGS). It
>> would be nice to put the same versions here that the developers are
>> actually using since everyone knows how fragile the autotools can be.
>
> I'm using 1.9, and I'm pretty sure others are using 1.7.

I'm responsible for most of the automake-1.10 commits since our
build environment was recently updated to automake-1.10 and
autoconf-2.61, though older automake builds are available if
it would be better to use an older version.   I think the changes
I made are fully compatible with older releases (and get rid of
the somewhat annoying 'programname-sourcefile.o' output in the
builds).

Since we've never really had a standard, the configure machinery
in each module release really varies depending on who is doing it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com