How to switch from ARGB to BGRA colors?

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Mon Aug 20 02:54:35 PDT 2007

Hi, Daniel, Simon!

Daniel Stone schrieb:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 06:15:10AM -0700, Simon Moore wrote:
>> Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue.  A collegue and I have
>> been battling with this.  Can you give us any insight?
>
> You can just use the redMask/blueMask/greenMask attributes in your video
> driver's ScreenInit hook to specify the order.

Yeah, I fundled around with things like that in the driver. However
when it comes to font aliasing, things broke again. The transparency pixels
around the characters of antialiased fonts didn't still appear right.
The alpha channel seems to be ignored here.

I haven't had time to investigate further... maybe I just missed
an option somewhere. I am using the "new" silicon motion smi501
driver from git. The SM501/SM502 is on the PCI Bus of an PowerPC CPU...

Details are welcome. I didn't find any valuable documentation about
these things.

Regards,

--
Clemens Koller