Very low 3d performance with 945GM

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 11:36:57 PDT 2007

Hello,
> What kind of acceleration have you configured (XAA or EXA) and
> what
> options are in your xorg.conf?
I am using XAA because its more stable (although it means most time is
spent inside of libfb). Should it make a difference for OpenGL which
accaleration architecture is used?

> I've got the same HW and although I don't play games I've noticed
> there
> are lots of variables involved in getting good 3D performance.
Well nothing special:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "i810"
        Option      "VideoRam"  "65536"
EndSection

The 64mb videoram should be enough, when i set it up to 127mb I don't
notice better accaleration nore do the games I would like to play need
that much texture memory.

My software is Fedora7 updated every now and then with yum.

Thanks, Clemens