Intel driver and core "mode" subroutines

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Thu Aug 16 16:55:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm back to implementing interlaced mode on Intel hardware
(i915 connected to PAL TV).

That means I need intel_drv to not use:

	xf86SetModeCrtc(mode, INTERLACE_HALVE_V);

because I need the original V values in CRTC registers.

The problem is Xserver internally does
	xf86SetModeCrtc(mode, INTERLACE_HALVE_V)
in xf86InitialCheckModeForDriver() and xf86ProbeOutputModes().

What should I do? Is this a part of the API? Should I somehow
restore the old values? Or should I remove that two calls,
adding the to the driver(s) (if needed)?
--
Krzysztof Halasa