Video driver of SM502 for Xorg

belcon belcon.zhao at siliconmotion.com.cn
Tue Aug 14 02:33:31 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

Sorry if I posted to the wrong mail-list. The driver named
siliconmotion_drv.so which is delivered with the package
xorg-x11-drv-siliconmotion is used to support chip SM712. The attached
driver is used for SM502 which is much powerful than SM712. But this driver
has some bugs with SM712 currently. I am still working on it. Since SMI got
several kinds chipsets, I would re-design the whole driver architecture so
that all chipsets would be supported in one driver.

Please test the driver if you are interested. Don't hesitate to mail me all
bugs that you found. I am sorry if my poor English annoyed you since I am
not an English-native Speaker.

Regards,

  Belcon