Intel i965GM and Dell D830

Eric Knudstrup eknuds-xorg at knudstrup.org
Mon Aug 13 13:12:12 PDT 2007

Eric Knudstrup wrote:

>> Jesse Barnes wrote:

>>> Well, if that doesn't work, how about this (another thing you could try is to
>>> add a "monitor-VGA" option and setting it to "ignore" as well).
>>>

>> I took your config file and added ignore VGA and that does the right
>> thing for the LVDS display.
>> It would be nice if the VGA and TV outputs still worked, but this is
>> "good enough" for right now.
>> Is there anything I can do to help that happen? I'm an experienced C
>> coder, but this is the first time I've even looked at X source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eric
>>
> FYI, I just removed the TV output disable and it still "does the right
> thing".  The problem is with the VGA output.
My system is still cooking along with the VGA output set to "ignore" and
the TV output not ignored.
I would like this to work correctly.  If I were to attempt to chase down
the reason why the VGA output gets overlaid on top of the LVDS output,
where should I start looking?
Is this likely to be in the Intel source or the X org source?

Eric