Latest intel git borks mplayer video output

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:41:05 PDT 2007

Chris Pemberton wrote:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>> Chris Pemberton wrote:
>>

>>> Where do I get pixman?  I didn't need it when I built the 1.3.0 version
>>> of the xserver.
>>>

>> No you wouldn't it is an added dependency for newer Xorg and Cairo builds.
>>
>> See the Xorg Announce ML:
>>
>> This is the initial release of the pixman library.
>>
>> Pixman contains lowlevel pixel manipulation routines and is used by
>> both xorg and cairo.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Soren
>>

>> Download:
>>
>>     http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/lib/pixman-0.9.4.tar.bz2
>>     http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/lib/pixman-0.9.4.tar.gz
>>

> Thanks for the links.  I will give them a try tonight.
>
> The updates I've done recently causes my machine to lock up running
> google earth, right after the splash screen, before the program window
> is displayed.  I have to hard reset the machine.  Anyone else
> experiencing this?  This trouble began right after I updated my xserver
> to 1.3.0. and switched to EXA acceleration.   Perhaps getting pixman
> installed and upgrading xserver from git sources could fix this?
>
> Chris

I downloaded and installed the pixman you referenced above as follows:
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

which results in the following files:

/usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0.9.4
/usr/lib/libpixman-1.a
/usr/lib/libpixman-1.la
/usr/lib/libpixman-1.so
/usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0

When installing xserver from git, about 5 minutes into the make, I get
the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpixman

Which of the above pixman libraries are required for xserver?

Thanks,

Chris