EXA

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Aug 8 07:31:55 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:02 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 03:26:52PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Have you still tried my suggestion though? It's perfectly possible that
> > migrating the pixmap to system memory in exaGetImage is generally a bad
> > idea.
>
> Yes, but exaDoMigration is called from elsewhere :)
>
> http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xhejtman/profile2-exa.xml.bz2

Okay, so apparently exaShmPutImage isn't doing quite the right thing
yet. It should probably keep or even force the destination pixmap
offscreen.

It also highlights another issue: The destination pixmap gets migrated,
just to be at least partly overwritten by the operation. The region of
the destination pixmap affected by an operation that does not depend on
the previous destination contents could be excluded from migration.

I hope I'll get around to looking into these issues more thoroughly
soon, feel free to beat me to it though.