Ati Rage 128

Indan Zupancic indan at nul.nu
Tue Aug 7 11:18:48 PDT 2007

>> Can anyone tell me how to get suspend/resume working
>> with the ATI Rage 128 video card?
>>
>>  I'm using FC7 and tried a variety of pm-utils quirks
>> with no success. My system consistently locks up
>> during resume with garbled video.
>>
>> Any pointers, howtos or tips are very much welcome.
>
> The driver needs some work similar to what we do in the radeon driver.
> Patches welcome.

Suspend with r128 works, but only without DRI.

I run it without dri and use s2ram -f -p -s -a 3, but which options
you need doesn't only depend on the videocard, so fiddle with it till
you have something that works for you. For more info see
http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram

If you want to get it to work with DRI then you need to modify
the r128 driver so that it restores the video state at VT switch.
Either that, or merge the r128 driver with the DDX radeon driver,
which already does that. This is the prefered solution.
(Summarizing a previous email exchange between Alex and me here.)

Greetings,

Indan