EXA

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Aug 6 11:27:28 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 05:55:08PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Not sure why exaCopyNtoN would fall back to software here, can you find
> out?

So, here we go.

1) exaCopyNtoN falls back to software because if tiling is enabled, the intel
   driver refuses to accelerate copy complaining that offset is limited to 4k
   for tiled targets. So I disabled tiling in config and I can get about 600FPS
   with EXA.

2) fair amount of cpu (about 20 %) is spent on the following calls sequence:
   miShmPutImage
   damagePutImage
   exaPutImage
   ExaCheckPutImage
   fbPutImage
   fbPutZImage
   fbBltStip
   fbBlt
   memcpy

   Is this OK?

3) really huge amount of cpu (more than 50 % actually) is spent in the syscall
   clock_gettime. (The process is Xserver.) I wonder why? (unfortunately,
   sysprof nor oprofile can track calls sequence including the kernel, or at
   least I'm unable to do it with the tools.)

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek