SDVO/ADD2 TV out - yes or no?

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Sun Aug 5 12:19:00 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 23:26 +0100, Nicolas Will wrote:
> Hello xorg list,
>
> My little project is back on track, I finished testing software from
> Redmond, and it left a bad taste.
>
> I am back on track with a proper OS and community. I am asking for
> support on various aspects of my HTMC project, and I am glad to be on
> that side of the fence.
>
> In order to get a recent version of Xorg and driver, I decided to use
> the Ubuntu development release, Gutsy. After all, I am not a complete
> newbie, I can survive rough times, and I know how to use bug tracking
> systems. I could even help a bit!
>
> Gutsy brings me:
>
> X Window System Version 1.3.0
> Release Date: 19 April 2007
>
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//intel_drv.so
> (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
>         compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 2.1.0
>         Module class: X.Org Video Driver
>         ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.2

The definition of plug & play...

I plugged my TV using HDMI, turned the machine ON.

Nothing until X starts.

1920x1080 !

Nothing specific done to xorg.conf or anything else.

:o)

This rocks, many thanks to all involved in making such things happen.

I have posted logs and conf files here, for the curious.

http://www.youplala.net/~will/htpc/X/

Nico
happy person
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc/