avivo: PATCH to add support for several chips

Adam Williamson awilliamson at mandriva.com
Sat Aug 4 15:21:54 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 23:55 +0200, Jerome Glisse wrote:

> Did not know about this file,

Yes, it is rather hidden. I found it by chance while I was updating
Mandriva's detection tables.

> i might regenerate chipset against this
> one, just need to grab my hand on my parser/generator.

After I spent two hours doing it all by hand? Grr. :) I'm pretty sure
that with my patch, every appropriate ID in the list is covered.

A bit of caution is needed if you want to do it by parsing - they do
sometimes get things wrong. For instance, all Mobility X1350s are listed
as M52 in that file, whereas the correct codename is M62. So if you just
parsed that file wholesale there'd be some minor errors, I think they'd
only be cosmetic.

It also doesn't seem to be written in a way that would make it really
easy to isolate all R500 chips - for instance, it lists many chips just
under their codename, with no reference to the core. And you'd have to
lose the whitespace from the card names.
--
adamw