multiple pointer/keyboard pairs

David Sharp whereami at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:00:04 PDT 2007

My goal is to have two pointer / keyboard pairs connected to one
screen. I believe MPX can do this, but I have some questions before I
head down that road.

Can a mouse/pointer be associated with a specific keyboard, so that
two apps can grab different keyboard inputs at the same time?

Can the keyboards have different keyboard layouts, and can their
layout/group be independently switched on the fly similar to the
single-keyboard situation (using R Alt, for example)?

MPX has been around a while. How does the input-hotplug work affect this?

Are there other technologies I should be looking at?

Thanks,
d#