Code slush starts, and 7.3 release schedule

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Aug 1 15:11:37 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 17:19 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On 8/1/07, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> > I'd been blocking laying out a schedule on getting the input problems
> > sorted.  Now that 1.3.99.0 is out, I'd like to propose the following
> > schedule:
> >
> > 2007-08-01: Code slush starts
> > 2007-08-15: Code freeze starts, server-1.4-branch created
> > 2007-08-29: Release 1.4 and 7.3
> >
> > Code slush meaning "apply minor fixes at will, but please get mailing
> > list review before any major changes, including interface changes across
> > modules".
> >
> > During code freeze, approval from one of ajax, daniels, or myself is
> > necessary.  And for the 3 of us, we should get review from someone else.
>
> Can we get the input redirection code from David in for this release?
> What exactly is blocking this?  As far as I understand, most of the
> code is done and it's just some XInput details that needs to be
> straightened out.  It's an important step towards a fully functional
> composited desktop.

I've heard generally positive reviews of davidr's plan for input
redirection, though I don't know about the specific implementation.  If
someone hurries up and gets his implementation tested, reviewed, and
ready, we can probably slip it in.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com