X.ORG NSC video driver

Markus Stockhausen markus.stockhausen at collogia.de
Wed Aug 1 08:05:08 PDT 2007

Hello,

I got an info from Kristian Høgsberg to contact this list for issues
regarding the NSC X.ORG video driver - so I write here.

It seems as if I have faced a major problem when making the latest 2.8.2

NSC X.ORG video driver. The bug is described in X.Org Bugzilla Bug 9588
(Removal of XFree86Server define broke nsc on non-Linux OS'es) and sadly

Linux systems are affected too. You can find a small discussion of the
problem at http://muzso.hu/node/3929. The complete initialization path
is going wrong.

As the 2.8.2 driver is definetly not working when compiled from source
with X.Org 7.2 my suggestion would be to substitute all occurrences of
"#ifdef XFree86Server" with an appropriate precompiler check. When using
the !XFree86Server compilation path the driver is totally stuck and
useless.

Because I don't know how to provide patches to this project I would like

to make the necessary changes and send the diff files to anyone for
uploading the corrected code. Please give me a short feedback of how we
can
get the fixes in place.

Thanks in advance.

Markus

Über das Internet versandte E-Mails können unter fremden Namen erstellt oder
manipuliert werden. Deshalb ist diese als E-Mail verschickte Nachricht keine
rechtsverbindliche Willenserklärung.

Collogia
Unternehmensberatung AG
Ubierring 11
D-50678 Köln

Vorstand:
Kadir Akin
Prof. Gerd M. Henselmann
Dr. Michael Höhnerbach

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Hans Kristian Langva

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln
Registernummer: HRB 52 497

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

e-mails sent over the internet may have been written under a wrong name or
been manipulated. That is why this message sent as an e-mail is not a
legally binding declaration of intention.

Collogia
Unternehmensberatung AG
Ubierring 11
D-50678 Köln