Intel driver EDID not probing proper resolutions over HDMI

kofboy kofboy at 163.com
Wed Aug 1 01:54:28 PDT 2007

hi, Shawn Bohrer,
>On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 01:27:07PM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
>> >    (II) intel(0):   Output TMDS-1 is connected to pipe none
>>
>> Right, the server decided to enable the VGA-2 output instead, and
>> doesn't have enough pipes to also connect the TMDS-1 output.
>>
>> Play with xrandr and see if you can't get the HDMI output working; you
>> can add modes and switch stuff around in many useful ways.
>
>OK using xrandr was indeed quick and easy.  I added a Modeline to my
>xorg.conf then used xrandr to disable VGA-2 and enable TMDS-1 and
>magically I had 1080p over HDMI.

that's great.

i wont to know which video ouput driver are you useing? Xvideo or Opengl?
GMA X3000(G965) does not provide video overlay, just textured video only.

while i use xv as mplayer video output, tearing is clearly visible.
useing -vo gl, no OSD of mplayer can be seen, OSD is much important for me.

any suggestions?

        kofboy
        kofboy at 163.com
          2007-08-01