Different resolutions on pipe a and b, i810 (855gm)

Gero Mudersbach geroxp at web.de
Sun Apr 29 06:04:40 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a question regarding the i810 driver:

Is it possible to have two different resolutions at the same time on the local
flat panel and the external crt?
I have a notebook with the Intel Corporation 82852/855GM controller.
(lspci gives me:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
Graphics Device (rev 02))

I would like to connect my widescreen Samsung SyncMaster 225BW to the external
pipe A when I am at work and use the built in flat panel only when I am
anywhere else.

Also I cannot get the i810 driver to set the resolution of 1680x1050 on the
external pipe only, so at the moment I have 1024x768 only. In clone mode I
have a resolution of 1400x1050 which looks not nice.

Regards,
Gero