Fwd: xf86-video-intel in ubuntu feisty (needed dependencies)

Brett Johnson brett at hp.com
Fri Apr 27 10:58:27 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 15:08 +0200, Javier Ruiz Hidalgo wrote:
> Biggest problem so far is when changing between my external LCD
> monitor and my laptop one using the new xrandr (using something like
> 'xrandr --output VGA mode 1280x1024 --output LVDS --off'). Doing so
> changes correctly the screen (yeah!) but it randomly kills the
> programs running (such as firefox, terminal, etc.) :-(

I too am running Ross's feisty packages (Thanks Ross :o).  I've noticed
that if I only change one screen per xrandr invocation, everything works
pretty smoothly, but if I try to affect both displays at once, X
crashes, or applications die fairly regularly.

i.e. instead of "xrandr --output LVDS --off --output VGA --auto", I do:

xrandr --output VGA --auto
xrandr --output LVDS --off

Compositing, and whatever OpenGL mojo wine/cxoffice uses to emulate
directx and 'doze opengl doesn't seem to work, but I haven't had
sufficient time or motivation to figure out why.

--
Brett Johnson <brett at hp.com>