Fwd: xf86-video-intel in ubuntu feisty (needed dependencies)

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Thu Apr 26 04:31:23 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 13:12 +0200, Javier Ruiz Hidalgo wrote:
> What are the source names for the packages in debian experimental?
> I've searched for "xserver-xorg-core" (binary name) and "xorg-xserver"
> (source name) in ubuntu but I can't seem to find them in debian
> experimental (i'm using  packages.debian.org). I'll try to use the
> packages Timo Aaltonen suggested for the -intel driver...

Aha, in the last week 1.3 has moved into unstable:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/xserver-xorg-core

If you use feisty's intel driver you won't have any of the xrandr magic,
just the modesetting love.  You need server 1.3 to get the xrandr
functionality.

> > You'll want to either rebuild xbase-clients from experimental or build
> > your own xrandr too of course.
>
> Do I need xbase-clients? It seems to be a virtual package in ubuntu
> feisty, you mean I only need xrandr or all packages xbase-clients
> depends on?

In Debian its still a monolithic package.

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./