xf86-intel-i810 2.0.0 rotation problems

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 03:52:02 PDT 2007

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Barry Scott, le Tue 24 Apr 2007 17:52:51 +0100, a écrit :
>
>> First. What do I need to write in the xorg config file to force the
>> driver to rotate the screen on startup of Xorg?
>>

> Use for instance in the device section:
>
> 	Option "Monitor-VGA"	"Mymonitor"
>
> and in the "Mymonitor" monitor section, you can use the "Rotate" option
> (normal/left/inverted/right)
>
> Samuel

O.k. I have done that but things are not working at all now. Here is the
end of the xorg log:

(EE) intel(0): Couldn't allocate shadow memory for rotated CRTC

Fatal server error:
AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

BTW where are the new options documented? I checked the intel driver man
page
and the xorg.conf man page from my build and I'm not seeing these
monitor options.

Barry