Maintainership for the abandoned acecad driver

Giuseppe Bilotta giuseppe.bilotta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:34:29 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 23:34, Sascha Hlusiak wrote:

>> However, it seems that there is no assigned maintainer for the acecad
>> driver. I'm not sure what kind of involvement is needed to become a
>> maintainer of a module, but I think I can give it a try.
>>
>> What should I do to acquire maintanership of the module?
> If it is only a patch that makes the driver work again, you can post it on
> this mailinglist, so one of the developers can apply it to the tree.

Well, it's quite a few patches, between cleanups, fixes and new features.
And I plan to do more, so the idea of getting an account and a
maintainership (at least at the "Odd Fixes" level) probably isn't that bad.

However, I *am* quite the newbie when it comes to X driver programming, so
the idea of submitting the patches for review before pushing them upstream
is a good idea anyway, even if I'm the one doing the final commits in the
end. I'm now trying to get the grasps of git and its email facilities, so
expect patch submissions soon :)

> Or to get a developer:
> http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests

Done, see other mail :)