Displaysize ignored on i810-based drivers

Remy Bosch remybosch at zonnet.nl
Tue Apr 24 14:18:42 PDT 2007

Remy Bosch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I subscribed to raise the above mentioned issue concerning the use of
> DisplaySize in xorg.conf. Since 7.2 the option is ignored. I wish to set
> the resolution to 100 DPI, but Xorg-server sticks to 126dpi.

I looked at the differences between 1.1 and 1.3 versions of the server,
in relation to the ddcProperty.c which is changed by the patch I
mentioned in the previous post. Looked like DDC got a boost in terms of
code, so I started wondering.
I tried with turning DDC off which got me a resolution of 96x96dpi
according to xdpyinfo.
The DisplaySize option is still ignored when I set it to 125x125.
xdpyinfo sticks to 96x96 :(

Can someone tell me what part of the code of Xorg-server is responsible
of parsing this optoin? Might as well have a look myself ;)