Selecting External Monitor with xf86-video-intel-1.9.94

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Apr 16 23:22:36 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 00:24 -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:

> My external monitor is connected  at startup, still it connects the
> pipes to the LCD and the TV outputs.

Ah. The venerable TV output. You can disable that in the config file;
I'm not sure why it's preferred to the VGA, but I do know that we've
seen several cases where an unimplemented TV output appears 'connected'
for unknown reasons. I disable mine in the config file.

> xrandr only shows one list of modes, all for the LCD. Changing modes
> with xrandr changes it for the LCD, but thats all.

Yes, Xrandr 1.1 clients will see only modes for one output and CRTC. You
have to use the new server, library and client to see all of the
available modes.

keith.packard at intel.com