Adding encoder/transmitter support (to via or stand-alone)

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Apr 16 10:21:26 PDT 2007

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.5-9.fc6.src.rpm
>>
>> The code looks pretty stand-alone as is (though it might
>> not be the most current version).
>>

> Don't know what you are doing here TBH but what I do know is that this
> is quite old - The latest version is:
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-1.9.94.tar.bz2
>
> It's the version 2.0 RC4... version 2.0 should hopefully come pretty
> soon but it's still being tested right now.
>
> Obviously the super up to date version is in git....
>
> Col.

What would be involved in removing all I830 references
from the Sil164 code, making it be a stand-alone module,
generalizing the API into the encoder to be more generic
(if it needs any additional methods), and having it package
it's own makefiles, etc.

I guess the I830 RPM's would also need to have a
dependency included on the Sil164 modules...  And is there
an appropriate module type that we would use with all of
the necessary plumbing in place?

Because the "module" definition exposes an interface to the
X server itself, not to the driver module, right?

-Philip