[Question] about XINERAMA, xineramaproto from freedesktop.org

david rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Apr 15 17:38:09 PDT 2007

> From: "Jaeseon Hwang"
> Hello, David
>
> I have suffered from the XINERAMA. I searched many websites, so I found
> your
> posting at
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-April/023273.html
> .
>
> It's the same problem I am faced with. Would you tell me how to solve the
> problem?
>
> I'd appreciate if you tell me something useful.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jaeseon Hwang.

The problem was that you have to build "drm" *before* you build x.  What I
did was I followed http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide with a look
at http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/install.html for guidance. I used
git-clone to download the Mesa and drm sources to the same /tmp/src where X
suggest you put its modular tree before building. Then I did the following
to build libdrm:

$ cd /tmp/src/drm
$ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/modular
$ make
$ make install

This will put libdrm.so (.so.1, .so.2 and .so.2.3.0) in the /tmp/modular/lib
directory. Once that is done, then X should build with:

$ cd /tmp/src
$ PATH=/tmp/modular/bin:$PATH ./util/modular/build.sh -m /tmp/{path to
Mesa} -n -D /tmp/modular > build.log 2>&1

(disregard the "-m /tmp/{path to Mesa}" if you are not building Mesa)

Keep the faith, it was a pain to get all the pieces of the puzzle in the
right place, but the results were well worth it.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street