Input problem with kdrive/ Xvesa

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Apr 15 16:07:18 PDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 12:51:50AM +0200, Steve Kreyer wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> > That should work just fine (does for me with Xomap), but you might need
> > to pass '-keybd keyboard'.
>
> Hm, there's no such option. The only options I've found are +kb to
> enable X keyboard extension and -kb to disable it. But +kb has no
> effect. Is it possible that Xvesa /kdrive uses an input device such as
> /dev/input/event0 for keyboard events? I ask, because at the target
> system there's no such device file for the keyboard ...

There is such an option, I just forgot to add it to the help. :)

The evdev driver is currently non-functional (for those who care, I've
rewritten it, and will release it when this throat infection decides
it's had enough --- two weeks and counting thus far -- and I can get
back to work), so right now it just uses the standard keyboard input
layer.

There's code in Xvesa to add a default keyboard, but I assume that it's
broken.

Cheers,
Daniel