Adding encoder/transmitter support (to via or stand-alone)
philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Apr 14 10:47:28 PDT 2007
Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 21:32 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> I grabbed:
> The 2.0 RC candidates are completely different and the DVO drivers are
> designed to be stand alone in that environment. Please fetch from git,
> or use the rawhide bits.
Ok, got the master branch from git...
A couple of stupid questions:
* why do the guts of sil164_mode_set() not do anything?
* and what should sil164_mode_valid() be doing (optimally)?
* how do you know if the hardware can handle 24-bit or full-pixel
per cycle mode (instead of half-pixels)?
* how is the interrupt on HOTPLUG handled by the GPU code?
* why set the I2C address as 38<<1 (SIL164_ADDR_1<<1) instead
of just 0x70?
* and should be I2C address reside in _I830DVODriver, or in
I830I2CVidOutputRec or SIL164Rec? It seems to be chip-specific,
* what are the chances of _I830DVODriver becoming _Xf86DVODriver
* ditto for I830I2CVidOutputRec...
More information about the xorg