experiences with dual-dvi on ATI Radeon cards / NV-cards

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Apr 12 07:25:51 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 03:51:23PM +0200, Martin Schuhmacher wrote:
> So, a new Card is to come... I have the choice between ATI and
> NVidia. At the moment i saw the "ATI Radeon X1650 PRO".
> What about the ati driver performance on 2d ?
> Since the bad experiences with the matrox, is it known to work
> with x.org 7.0 on dual dvi ?

Unfortunately, since ATI do not release any specifications at all for
this card, it is completely unsupported but for a reverse-engineered
driver that isn't released yet.  However, dual DVI works just as well as
any other display combination (one DVI, one VGA; one laptop screen; one
VGA; whatever).

Cheers,
Daniel