xf86-video-i810 1.9.91 (on MacBook 2,1 - Core2Duo)

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Apr 11 02:22:24 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 11:13:26 Wang Zhenyu wrote:
> > Anyway, I have good news: When I do not use s2ram (I used in order to
> > POST the graphic chip on resume, for the text or vesa console) but just
> > echo mem > /sys/power/state at least X including the 3D desktop resumes
> > correctly (and no, I do not used the vesafb for te resume testing, but an
> > good ordernary VGA text console, ...)!
>
> oh, it's good if you can work with mainline kernel, I don't know what
> s2ram does.

I use a near mainline kernel 2.6.20.x. Just the most vitial bugfixing applied.

s2ram is a user-space "tool" that can do some graphic chip POSTing
thru BIOS calls, using the usual vm86 emulation layers.

> > Is there some Intel recommended way for the non-X, that is VT, text
> > console that resumes correctly?
>
> I think kernel documentation/power/ has some docs for that.

Yeah - that's also where s2ram is mentioned as help to get "VGA"
cards POSTed after resume.

Well, now as 3D desktop resume appears to work (just tested 3 times in a
row) that's more important even for me (as a programmer) than a resuming
text console. Transparent rxvt-unicodes are more fun anway :-)

Thanks again for the great driver - yours,

  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45