xf86CrtcDamageShadow ?

Thomas Hellström thomas at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Apr 10 12:45:27 PDT 2007

> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 19:09 +0200, Thomas Hellström wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a couple of questions related to the xf86CrtcDamageShadow
>> function:
>>
>> The current version may damage regions which is not part of the
>> framebuffer.
>> For example, if a rotated (90) buffer has dimensions 1024x768, and the
>> unrotated framebuffer has the
>> same dimensions, xf86CrtcDamageShadow will call DamageDamageRegion with
>> a 768x1024 region, which is larger than the
>> original 1074x768 pixmap.
>
> Sounds like it's ignoring rotation?

This happens with an original non-rotated setup. Framebuffer (resizable)
is 1024x768. When "xrandr -o 1" (90 degrees) is called, a rotated buffer
(1024x768) is allocated using the crtc callbacks, and xf86CrtcDamageShadow
calls DamageDamageRegion with a 768x1024 region, but the buffer
intersection is only 768x768.

I'm not sure whether the framebuffer should have been resized to 768x1024
in this case, but since rotation is set up per output, I guess not.

/Thomas