Modular build failed - libdrm >=2.3.0 not met

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:35:17 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, david rankin <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> After getting over the mesa problem, I have encountered a new problem with
> libdrm not greater that 2.3. the error is:
>
> gcc -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/tmp/modular/include
>  -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -I./include -DXFSPIDDIR=\"/var/run\" -DDEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE=\"/tmp/modular/lib/X11/fs/config\"
>  -DFONT_PCF -DFONT_FS -DFONT_SPEEDO -D_BSD_SOURCE -DFONT_t -DTRANS_SERVER -DTRANS_REOPEN
>  -g -O2   -o xfs  atom.o cache.o charinfo.o difsutils.o dispatch.o events.o
> extensions.o fontinfo.o fonts.o globals.o initfonts.o main.o resource.o
> swaprep.o swapreq.o tables.o access.o config.o connection.o daemon.o error.o
> io.o osglue.o osinit.o utils.o waitfor.o
> xfstrans.o -L/tmp/modular/lib -lFS -lXfont -lm -lfontenc -lfreetype -lz
> checking for LIBDRM... configure: error: Package requirements (libdrm >=
> 2.3.0) were not met.
> ./configure: line 20486: syntax error near unexpected token `RANDR,'
> ./configure: line 20487: syntax error near unexpected token `XKB,'
> ./configure: line 20486: syntax error near unexpected token `RANDR,'
> ./configure: line 20486: syntax error near unexpected token `RANDR,'
>
> Is this a problem with the git of /tmp/src/drm or is it a package problem on
> my SuSE 10 install?  Also, is there a way I can cut down on the compile time
> by just telling the build.sh script to only build the module that failed
> while executing the build.sh script?
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
> 510 Ochiltree Street
> Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
> (936) 715-9333
> (936) 715-9339 fax
> www.rankinlawfirm.com
> --

IIRC build.sh script doesn't build drm so you have to build drm by yourself
before using the build script. Make sure that where you install libdrm is
in PKG_CONFIG_PATH so that pkgconfig can find the proper new builded
libdrm and not the one coming with your distrib.

For the build script you can use the -r option if i remember somehtings like
./build.sh -r xserver/ should resume build at xserver

best,
Jerome Glisse