Adding encoder/transmitter support (to via or stand-alone)

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Apr 9 13:34:10 PDT 2007

Hi.

I've been working on the via drivers (svn295 branch),
and want to add support for the Sil164 DVI transmitter
and the VT1631 encoder.

I have the equipment and the time, but not the familiarity.

I asked on openchrome-users if anyone wanted to collaborate
but didn't hear back.

Anyone on this list willing to collaborate?

And since a lot of encoders/transmitters can be mixed
and matched with GPU's, does it make sense to have a
modular design for such, rather than mingling them with
the GPU driver?

Thanks,

-Philip