Still slow RE: intel I945 graphics

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 9 13:44:52 PDT 2007

Andrew Barr wrote:

>Is it just your program that is a problem? What is your glxgears 'score'?

well, I have only had this laptop a week,,, I've not found an example application that does something similar enouug to be sure that it is using the same feature. I cannot go run glxgears on my old laptop cause it's dead.

Can you specify precisely the method of obtaining the 'score'. On what size window? But in any case, my friends tell me that it must use textureing of shapes to be a good comparison with my program, which glxgears does not have.

What SHOULD my glx score be?

Default window size:
3753 frames in 5.0 seconds = 750.517 FPS
3755 frames in 5.0 seconds = 750.956 FPS
3754 frames in 5.0 seconds = 750.696 FPS
3752 frames in 5.0 seconds = 750.346 FPS

Maximized window
511 frames in 5.0 seconds = 102.164 FPS
511 frames in 5.0 seconds = 102.111 FPS
512 frames in 5.0 seconds = 102.241 FPS