A few question about kdrive installation

Steve Kreyer steve.kreyer at web.de
Mon Apr 9 07:50:50 PDT 2007

Hi,

I hope this is the right mailing list for user problems, however I cant
find  an alternative mailing list at
freedesktop.org ...

I try to install kdrive for a target device at the host environment
outside the original root filesystem.
The configuration command is:

./configure --prefix=/rootfs-i386/usr --enable-kdrive --disable-dri
--disable-xorg --disable-xorgcfg --disable-xvfb --disable-xephyr
--disable-glx

The root filesystem is then mounted on the target via nfs.
The installation went well, but now some questions arise:
There are several binaries installed on the system. Do I have to start
the binary, which matches the graphics card of my device? If so, Iam
wondering that when I start Xi810 (it's an intel graphics chip) X
reports that there isnt a matching chip available. Do I also need the
original driver?
Where is the configuration of kdrive located? Are there any log files?
And last but not least: Is there any documentation outside, which
describes the installation of kdrive for an embedded target system?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Steve