xf86-video-i810 1.9.91 (on MacBook 2,1 - Core2Duo)

Wang Zhenyu zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com
Sun Apr 8 06:02:43 PDT 2007

On 2007.04.06 19:43:36 +0000, Rene Rebe wrote:

> > > The only thing that happend so far was, that the driver did not came out
> > > of suspend-to-RAM properly. I'll save the error log the next time I try this
> > > again.
> > >

> > I have fixed a agpgart restore bug which is included in 2.6.20. Which kernel
> > version are you using?
>
> I just wanted to let you know that it still does not work with:
>
> $ mine -q xorg-server xf86-video-i810 linux26
> xorg-server 1.2.99.903 7.0-trunk
> xf86-video-i810 1.9.94 7.0-trunk
> linux26 2.6.20.4 7.0-trunk
>
> The xserver dies on resume. Even when the suspend is manaully triggered
> from a text console, the X server dies when the console is switched back to
> the X server:

Does suspend-to-disk work on your mac?
I have just tested s4 on my hp compaq nx6310 with 945GM, X came back
after resume. But it seems s3 doesn't work on this laptop, my screen remained
black when resume, I think it's another problem somewhere. I did read a
successful story from http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/1/29/264.
Could you turn on CONFIG_PM_DEBUG with kernel? dmesg may help here.