Still slow RE: intel I945 graphics

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Apr 8 05:03:45 PDT 2007

Hi,
The behaviour of openGl 3d applications still seem not to get any accelleration, I have now tried a completely different application built in Python instead of 'procesing', so the Java aspect is not involved. It only rotates a colour cube, but it does not go faster than about 2 frames per second.

The application is available in the tutorial at:

http://www.yourmachines.org/downloads/mgpy.tgz

It is the file 'pygame2a.py' within this collection, if anyone else with better knowledge of how to diagnosing the reason for this behaviour wishes to reproduce this, or advise on any information I can provide to help. Thanks

Robert

System is Aspire 5612 with the intel 945/950 recently purchased

Using debian Experimental , also tried Git version of mesa; drm

Yes.

> Can I find the version string in Xorg.0.log, I see nothing even close
> to that (module version 14.94.94 ? )

That's 1.9.94