[RFC] App deprecation

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sat Apr 7 15:36:28 PDT 2007

Time to start shedding some of the apps no-one wants or uses, I think.
Sing out if you feel like maintaining any of:
  * ico
  * oclock
  * xbiff
  * xcalc
  * xclipboard
  * xclock
  * xconsole
  * xdbedizzy
  * xditview
  * xedit
  * xgc
  * xkbevd
  * xload
  * xman
  * xmessage
  * xmh
  * xmore
  * xphelloworld
  * xrx

We're stretched as it is, and I don't think we need to pretend like
we're maintaining a full application suite.  Some of these would be
better off in other projects, maybe (xditview?).  Others I don't think
we should keep pretending to maintain, but are probably too useful to
get rid of (twm).

If some of these are indeed deemed useful enough to keep around, then
they should probably be katamaried together, rather than kept as
individual apps.

Cheers,
Daniel