AW: [ANNOUNCE] A Build System For X.Org Modular
billyx at gmx.at
billyx at gmx.at
Fri Apr 6 12:27:15 PDT 2007
No, I will not.
There are several reasons for this:
- There are some people get paid for working on OS Software
- I know to less about xorg.
- I don't want to develop it, I want to use it. I can't participate on every
piece of software I use in my live. There are some other OS projects where I
did some contribution.
- I also post my expieriencies and solutions which is also a kind of
- I will write a second mail today with some problemes/bugs/enhancments I
found out today and this is MUCH more i get support from the "incredible
- And the most important reason: I'm not going to search somewhere some file
containing documentation, searching the right position, creating a patch
file, perhaps reqest some kind of account only to make a small contibution.
You have a wiki and there should be a easy way to (perhaps even without
login) to edit
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Egbert Eich [mailto:eich at suse.de]
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. April 2007 20:29
> An: "Bernhard Mähr"
> Cc: xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
> Betreff: Re: [ANNOUNCE] A Build System For X.Org Modular
> "Bernhard Mähr" writes:
> > > I think this could result in more feedback from > >
> users, especially for drivers bits.
> > I think it would be more important to get feedback from
> developers. Even questions easy to anwers for a developer are
> unanswerd. This is really frustrating for me (and I think
> also other users).
> > And also the documentation is really poor (or not to
> locate for a user).
> Maybe you can help to fix the documentation?
> It's always the same people who are doing this sort of work.
> If more would step up and help things might look better.
> Unfortunately more people complain than volunteer for this
> kind of thing.
More information about the xorg