vga-to-scart connection for Intel chipset?

Csillag Kristof Csillag.Kristof.ext at united-consult.hu
Fri Apr 6 01:54:25 PDT 2007

Hi there!

This is not strictly a X.org related, but close enough, and I hope I can find
someone with the required expertise here:

Is it possible to build a direct VGA-to-SCART cable that would work with
integrated Intel graphics chipsets?

There are several schematics floating around (See [1], [2]) to connect the
analogue VGA input directly to the SCART input on the TV (supposing the TV
supports RGB input), but these are closely dependent of the exact nature
of the VGA signal output by the VGA card.

[1] is for ATI Radeon only, [2] seems to be generic.

Does anyone have some experience with using something like this with Intel
chipsets?

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof Csillag

[1] http://ryoandr.free.fr/english.html