Matrox G550 PCIe, TV-Out, X?

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at code-monkey.de
Thu Apr 5 08:30:10 PDT 2007

Csillag Kristof [2007-04-05 11:45]:
> I consider buying a PCI-e Matrox G550 card. I will use it under GNU/Linux.
>
> Does it work OK? Can I use TV-out on it?

IIRC Ian Romanick has one of those cards working, but I'm not sure. G550
is supported in general, but I'm not sure how well PCI express stuff is
supported.

> AFAIK matroxfb works with TV-out on this hardware, but in the release
> notes of the latest driver (4.4) released by matrox, they say that
> TV-out does not work with 550.

xf86-video-mga does not support tv-out.
I guess you can use it with matroxfb and/or DirectFB though.

> Or can I run X over the working matroxfb?

Probably, never tried that.

Regards,
Tilman