intel I945 graphics

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 06:51:05 PDT 2007

Hi Andrew:
>> but my program displays
>> 100 times slower than on my old thinkpad t30 (now deceased)
> What's the version of your intel driver?
> The latest is 1.9.94.

thanks for the reply. Indeed there may be  some confusion about the version that is actually getting used!

I built the driver from git , today, and followed the instructions, but I don't know how to probe the running X to ask actually which driver it is using. Where is the version number given? by 'intel driver' do you mean the thing compiled from the sources in  xf86-video-intel? Can I find the version string in Xorg.0.log, I see nothing even close to that (module version 14.94.94 ? )

       (II) LoadModule: "intel"
       (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//intel_drv.so
       (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
          compiled for 1.2.99.903, module version = 14.94.94
          Module class: X.Org Video Driver
          ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.2

I'm just trying to repeat the steps of building the  xf86-video-intel but encountering new problems... I am not sure what changed but it cannot find local_xf86Rename.h , I do not recall this problem earlier.

Is this meaningful? Thanks
Robert