mtx + Matrox P650 + XF86VidModeSetGammaRamp() problems ?

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Wed Apr 4 17:57:32 PDT 2007

I have a couple of reports from people with Matrox P650 cards
that even though these cards are advertised as having dual
VideoLuts (one for each output), that there is no effect
on the output (DVI in particular) in setting the Luts
using XF86VidModeSetGammaRamp(). There is some disappointment,
since this was why this particular card was purchased, to allow
proper screen calibration.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or point to an appropriate
place to get some answers ? (I don't actually have one
of these cards or I'd look into it more myself).

thanks,
	Graeme Gill.