Intel 915G Can't get 1680x1050 to work

david rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:08:37 PDT 2007

> From: "Andrew J. Barr"
> On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 14:01 -0500, david rankin wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Andrew,
>>
>>     I have downloaded xf86-video-intel-1.9.93 but I have not compiled it
>> yet
>> because I need to figure out the ./configure options for the PREFIX and
>> EPREFIX directories for SuSE 10.0. You said the 2.0 release candidates. I
>> can't find them. I'll take another look.
>
> 1.9.9x are the 2.0 RCs
>
>> Do you know offhand what the
>> ./configure options should be for SuSE 10? I would really like to solve
>> this
>> problem....
>
> './configure --prefix=/usr' should do the trick on most distributions.

Crud... I am having compile problems. ./configure bomb with the following
error:

<error>

checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server
xproto xvmc fontsproto ) were not met:

Package xorg-server was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-server.pc'
No package 'xorg-server' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

</error>

The problem seems fairly obvious, I need the xorg-server source. But what is
the (xproto xvmc fontsproto) stuff. Do I need to download it separately?
Will I also need to download drm and mesa?

Any other pearls of wisdom you can share.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street