[ANNOUNCE] A Build System For X.Org Modular

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 01:33:20 PDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Egbert Eich <eich at freedesktop.org> wrote:

> I while ago I started to work on a build system for the modular
> bits of X.Org.
[snip]
> In case others will find it useful, too I will add it to the SCM.

I'm just a lurker on this list. Anyway...

I think this is really a great thing.
It seems to me that providing a easier way to
build the whole thing to distro-maintainers and
also to intrepid-end-users was indeed needed.

I think this could result in more feedback from
users, especially for drivers bits.
It also could result in more time for distro-builders
to go and test all of the many new features in
x.org.

I really hope that this work gets used and widely
tested.

--Luca