Question about downloading modules

Jon Grosshart jgrosshart at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 21:28:32 PDT 2007

On 4/1/07, Jon Grosshart <jgrosshart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greets all. Just trying to wrap my head around how the download server is
> set up. Sorry if this list is for technical problems only...
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.2/src/
>
> Am I correct in thinking that I grab all the modules from the above link
> AND THEN look in:
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.0/src/
>
> for anything that is left over? (things that haven't been updated
> recently?) Just trying to figure out where to look for the remaining modules
> that aren't found in X11R7.2.. There will be a few missing modules,
> correct?
>
> Should I bypass looking in X11R7.0 for left overs and just grab the
> missing modules from individual? The most recent ones? Or will I run into
> problems by grabbing a version from individual that is meant for
> 'development'?
>
> Hope everything is clear.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Thanks for the reply Daniel. Didn't recieve it in my mail but found it on
the archive. :-(

The layout doesn't make sense to me on the xorg server. It seems
"everything" is short a few packages atleast. I've only checked 'app' so far
and am missing these from the X11R7.2 directory entirely:

compiz
mkcomposecache
rendercheck

So where is one supposed to grab these from, if not from individual/app or
X11R7.2/everything ? Those packages aren't listed in 'deprecated' so they
are still a part of the the 7.2 release, no? Confusing...

Thanks again for your time. If there is anyone else who builds X themselves,
feel free to jump in... If I'm missing 3 from app, I'm sure I'm going to be
missing a few from lib and fonts as well....