915gm - debian - mesa - wine - 3dmark2001

kr992 kr992 at interia.pl
Sat Sep 30 02:17:05 PDT 2006

>The version 6.8.2 is required for Intel binary driver.

>As someone told some time ago, Intel open source driver does not take
>advantage
>of Zone Rendering and possible some other memory bandwidth optimizations.
>It is
>possible that binary driver is somewhat better.

I think that in binary driver couls be code who is not in open source
driver, when Intel open drivers for developes , driver should be better ,
cause anyone can do driver for intel card , so anyone who write dri driver
for mesa or for acceleration for xorg could do driver better , why we have
to wait for new binary drvier from intel when we have open source driver?

>I do not know whether Zone Rendering is possible to use with current Mesa.
>If
>so, then ask Intel to either release the spec of HW or hire more
>programmers so that things move forward faster.

So mesa driver doesnt take advantage of intel way to reduce memory
consuption ? , so opengl in windows take this , but in linux not?

ps. What is HW? (hardware? im so lame ...)
Mike