915gm - debian - mesa - wine - 3dmark2001

Solerman Kaplon solerman at wonder.com.br
Thu Sep 28 08:03:10 PDT 2006

kr992 escreveu:
> i was try change options in winecfg and i only see that vertex shader
> hardware was rendering corectly , and when emulated was with bugs ,
> but performance was the same
> with nvidia card 3dmark in linux have the same performance (and even
> better) as windows ...
That leads to the conclusion that it must be a difference between the
opengl acceleration on windows X linux drivers at first or wine
translation hitting a slow path on linux with the 915gm. You can check
the first problem using a native opengl application (eg: try something
like celestia or Wolfeinstein: ET) as Mikael suggested. If the
performance is comparable between them, you will need to check with the
wine guys if there is something you can do. Profiling it will help them
catch what is wrong. If the performance is bad on linux with the native
application, you will need to check the linux driver, maybe upgrading
the driver itself or upgrading to xorg 7.2. I don't know anything about
that card so maybe someone who knows it can help you if it proves to be
the case. Hope this helps.

Solerman